The Story of PAID WA Nigeria
PAN AFRICAN INSTITUTE FOR DEVELOPMENT, WEST AFRICA (PAID-WA)
WE FIND SOLUTIONS TO AFRICA’S DEVELOPMENT PROBLEMS
SUMMARY OF PAID-WA AND BLUEPRINT FROM 1962 BY ARCHBISHOP EMMANUEL MUSA JATAU
PAID-WA IS NUMBER ONE TRAINING CENTER FOR AFRICA’S DEVELOPMENT
PROSPERITY BUILDERS AND AFRICA’S INNOVATION CENTER (PAID-WA)
1. 1962 – GENEVA WHERE THE IDEA WAS BIRTHED
2. INITIATED BY DR. FERNAND VINCENT (INTERNATIONAL FOUNDER)
3. TO FIND ADEQUATE WAYS TO DEVELOP AFRICA
4. WORRIED BY LACK OF DEVELOPMENT OF AFRICAN CONTINENT
5. TO BRIDGE GAP BETWEEN HIGH AND LOW LEVEL STAFF
6. TO TRAIN DEDICATED PEOPLE TO HELP AFRICA
7. TO BRING SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT TO AFRICA
8. TO BRING DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS TO AFRICA
9. TO TRAIN DEDICATED LOCAL PLANNERS FOR AFRICA
* PAID – VISION OF FOUNDING FATHER – Expect Africa to be developed by its own sons.
* PAID – CREATED INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION UNDER UNGA – Since no legal framework to recognize it in Africa
* PAID-WA FIRST CAMPUS– DOUALA CAMEROON
* PAID-WA SECOND CAMPUS– BUEA, CAMEROON (1969)
* PAID TENTH CAMPUS– PIWOYI, AIRPORT ROAD, ABUJA- NIGERIA
AFRICAN NATION RELIED ON SKILLED EXECUTIVES BUT NONE IN AFRICA IN 1964
• AFRICANS WERE TRAINED ABROAD
• UPON RETURN HOME/BACK TO AFRICA
• THEY WERE MADE PRINCIPAL OFFICERS OF DIFFERENT ORGANIZATIONS
• BUT NO MIDDLE CLASS WORKERS
• SO PAID TRAINED MIDDLE CLASS TO BRIDGE THE GAP
UNDER-DEVELOPMENT IN 1962 WAS A CRITICAL CHALLENGE
1. DETERMINED TO CHANGE THE DISGUSTING STATE OF AFFAIRS IN AFRICA’S UNDER-DEVELOPMENT
2. PAID INSPIRED PRINCIPLE OF DEVELOPMENT OF LOCAL AFRICAN COMMUNITY
3. PAID PROMOTED PRINCIPLE OF DEVELOPMENT OF LOCAL AFRICAN COMMUNITY
4. PAID COACHED FIELD EXECUTIVES
5. PAID DISCUSSED PROBLEMS OF LACK OF DEVELOPMENT
6. PAID DISCUSSED PROBLEMS OF LACK OF MIDDLE CLASS STAFF IN AFRICA
IDEA OF PAID IN CAMEROON IN 1964
* TO FILL GAP BETWEEN HIGH LEVEL EXECUTIVE AND LOW LEVEL/GRASSROOTS EXECUTIVE
* CAPACITY TRAINING FOR THOSE ALREADY WORKING
* ACTION RESEARCH/CONSULTANCY
General vision of PAID is for the Development of African Continent.
PAN AFRICANIST 1964
Our people were trained abroad on human development oriented/personal development of staff and on PAN Africanism orientation/consciousness.
PAN AFRICAN PRESIDENTS WHO DESIRED TO FIND SOLUTION TO AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT AND PAN AFRICANISM
* Julius Nyerere – Tanzania
* Kwame Nkrumah – Ghana
* Leopold Senghor – Senegal
* Jomo Kenyatta – Kenya
* Olusegun Obasanjo – Nigeria
* Robert Mugabe – Zimbabwe
* Idi Amin – Uganda
* Nelson Mandela – South Africa
* Faure Gnassingbé – Togo
* And other OAU Chairpersons
PAID African vision is to train people in all countries of Africa to bring development to the grassroots.
PAID IS IN SIX (6) REGIONS FOR NOW
PAID as popularly known has been around for 55 years. Primarily for development of Africa’s continent
Pivots – Dr. Fernand Vincent and PAN African Presidents
PAID Mechanism – To inspire decent and sustainable development for Africa.
PAID Methodology is based on Local Area Study for community participation and respect of communities needs and specificity.
PAID VISION – Fight for bright future for Africa
DUTIES OF GOVERNING COUNCIL OF PAID
They guide and steer orientation of PAID
REGIONAL DIRECTORS – Twelve (12) in Numbers
1.Mr. Peter Du Sautoy (British)
2. Mr. A.M. Philips (British) – 1969-1970
3. Mr. Brian Stapleton (British) – 1970-1973
4. Mr. Dzikamai C. Danha (Zimbabwean) – 1973 – 1980
5. Dr. Laban N. Kirya (Ugandan) – 1980-1983
6. Dr. Luther Banga (Cameroonian) – 1983-1985
7. Dr. Stephen Mbandi (Cameroonian) – 1985-1994
8. Mr. Elubate S. Boadi (Ghanaian) – 1994 – 1996
9. Mr. Jean Gbedo (Beninois) – 1996-1999
10.Dr. Mrs. Rosetta B. Thompson (Nigerian) – 1999-2014
11. Prof. Uwem Essai E. (Nigerian) – 2014-2019
12. Dr. Daniel Ekongwe – Regional Director, PAID-WA Buea, Cameroon
NIGERIA NATIONAL DIRECTOR
Archbishop Emmanuel Musa Jatau – Director General, PAID-WA Abuja, Nigeria
STUDENTS COME FROM ALL OVER AFRICA YEARLY TO BE TRAINED:
• Sierra Leone
• Morocco – North Africa
• Burkina Faso – Sahel
• Zambia – East Africa
• Buea – West Africa
• Douala – West Africa
* PAID BENEFIT FROM DIPLOMATIC STATUS HENCE, DIPLOMATIC INSTITUTION
* PAID IS WELL EQUIPPED WITH STATE OF THE ARTS CLASSES AND LECTURERS
* PAID OPERATE BOTH CAMPUS AND E-LEARNING
-Long term and short term academic training degrees ( Certificates, Diploma to PhD)
-Capacity building for those already working but who need improvement.
VISION OF PAID
* Boost Africa to be leading continent in development
* Provide continent enough profile/outline and people to boost its development
*TOTALLY ORIENTED (Tailored, positioned) TO:
* Create African development
* Create rural development
* Provide skills to the unskilled
* Contribute to consented (allow) and sustainable development of Africa
1. Africa soon becoming most important continent of the world.
2. Therefore, need productive thinkers to think in advance best development philosophy.
3. PAN Africanism spirit brings students from different nations for integration (mixture) of Africa.
4. Work together to build Africa.
5. Train people coming from different countries of Africa for Africa’s development.
6. Train people for field work in Africa.
7. Train people who combine classroom work and field work in Africa.
8. Giant projects soon in Africa.
PAID-WA IS A DESCENT CENTER FOR:
• Sustainable (long lasting) development
• Sustainable (long lasting) development
• Africa innovation (change) center
• Africa development center
• Center where high quality experts come together to think proactively about the development of Africa.
• Center to produce guide lines for consented development of Africa.
PAID – NUMBER ONE TRAINING CENTRE FOR AFRICA’S DEVELOPMENT
• Number one in quality of our training in association with UN.
• Number one in quality of our orientation/consciousness.
• Train people who are able to lead and find solutions to African’s development problem.
• Train people in African values/merit/principles.
• Train people who find solution to grassroots people.
• End unemployment by discouraging brain drain to Europe from Africa.
• Work out development project and train leaders to be enterprising/resourceful and imaginative, industrious, adventurous in Africa
• Train young leaders to be enterprising (industrious) in Africa.
• Train young leaders to be ambitious for Africa.
• Make Africa the concern for Africans
• Give Africa the possibility to fulfill its place in the world.
VISITING RESEARCH PROFESSORS AND EXPERT PROGRAM PROFESSORS
1. The Hague, Switzerland
2. United Nations
3. University of Peace, Ethiopia
4. Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
5. University of Abuja
6. Nasarawa State University
7. University of Jos
8. Benue State University, Markudi
9. Many other United Nation Agencies